Thursday, August 15, 2013

Doc in Real Life....Full article contains Series 6 SPOILER

 

Doc Martin star Martin Clunes became a real-life medic – and stopped his wife from having an operation. Clunes, who is married to the show’s producer Philippa Braithwaite, described the idea as “nonsensical”. Clunes, who has played doctor Martin Ellingham in the ITV drama for nine years, said: “She had an infection in her gall bladder and the surgeon was minded to take out her appendix. "There was no infection in her appendix and instinct told me that it would be the wrong thing to do. "So I took her home instead and she was treated there. As Philippa’s husband, it was my prerogative to do this. "But when I was chatting to hospital staff they handed me her medical notes to look at in a way they might not have with an ordinary member of the public. “I do wonder whether there wasn’t some confusion between me and Doc Martin.”

Keep reading HERE. But be fairly warned, there is a Series 6 spoiler in the rest of the article.

Tipster: Whale